USAID BUSSINESS ECOSYSTEM PROJECT
In cooperation with the USAID Business Ecosystem Project, Strategic Development Consulting (SDC) as its subcontractor, for a period of 4 years (2018-2021) worked on improving and developing the competitiveness and productivity of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) in North Macedonia by strengthening business services, finance and market links, primarily to business support organizations, but also to private companies in the agricultural sector and the textile industry.
Strategic Development Consulting (SDC) took responsibility for implementing the activities in 2 components of the project. The first component provided technical and grant support to business support organizations, through mentoring and training in order to build capacity and sustainability of organizations. In addition, as part of the other component of the project, KSR was part of the activities for connecting small producers and suppliers with leading companies in order to access new and safe markets and address the need for labor in specific professions, supported the training process and employment for unemployed youth and adults, persons seeking retraining.
- Strengthening the internal capacities and sustainability of business support organizations;
- Execution of grants and technical support of these organizations;
- Introducing new services to organizations or upgrading existing ones;
- Networking and knowledge exchange by organizing networking meetings;
- Procurement of machines for textile production for the needs of 9 smaller textile factories in the country, in cooperation with larger partner textile companies;
- Procurement of a machine for cleaning and packaging of potatoes for an agricultural company from Veles;
- Organizing and conducting 6-month trainings for 3D modeling and animation, including attracting, testing, career profiling and selection of candidates for participation in the trainings.
- 3483 MSMEs assisted through the implementation of grants to business support organizations,
- 3542 new jobs created in assisted MSMEs,
- Average annual growth of 12% in the revenues of the assisted MSMEs,
- Average growth of 115% in the membership of business support organizations,
- 2751 person trained in a new skill.
- 235 MSMEs related to new customers;
- 144 improved processes in business support associations;
- 9 companies for production of textiles provided with additional equipment
- Duration: March, 2018- July, 2021
- Project Value: 367.000 USD
- Beneficiaries: Business Support Organizations - BSOs
- Target regions: Republic of North Macedonia
- Contractor/ Donor: Palladium International LLC, USAID