USAID North Macedonia Strengthening Resource Mobilization Activity
ABOUT THE PROJECT
In cooperation with three other companies, Strategic Development Consulting (SDC) in the next 5 years (2021-2025) will implement the "USAID Resource Capacity Building Project in Northern Macedonia".
The project will contribute to:
1) enhance the quality of municipal tax and fee collection systems;
2) increase municipal capacity to access external resources from the national government, international organizations, capital markets, and banks; and
3) improve the ability of municipalities to plan, manage, and implement public sector revenues in compliance with national regulations;
4)advancing the decentralization process.
Strategic Development Consulting (SDC) assumes responsibility for the implementation of the activities in component 3 of the project: “Local governments’ Budget Execution Rate Increased” which will strengthen the capacity of municipalities in the process of planning and execution of the municipal budget in a transparent and consultative manner, a way that includes and reflects the real needs of citizens and communities. At the same time, SDC through its activities will contribute to ensuring gender equality and social inclusion and support from the private sector in the budget processes of the local self-government. SDC will develop methods and tools to support the overall achievement of the project objectives.
The project is implemented by the global company Cardno with the financial support of USAID.
- Duration: January 2021 - July 2025
- Value of the consulting engagement: 500.000USD
- Beneficiaries: Municipalities in the Republic of North Macedonia
- Target regions: the entire territory of Republic of North Macedonia
- Client: USAID